This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (76 kb)
Pictures - PDF (119 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (LP8314 x LP84133) made by Le Centre de recherches Les Buissons inc., MAPAQ, Pointe-aux-Outardes, Quebec (Canada) in 1989. Released in 2004.
- Year registered in Canada: 2002
- Registration number: 6238
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: tall, erect; thick stems, not pigmented; very prominent straight double wings; nodes not swollen and not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, open; midribs and petioles very slightly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: large ovate; tip cuspidate; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical; slightly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; small, narrowly ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and moderately asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; white corolla, moderately prominent star; bright yellow anthers; flower buds not pigmented; peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oblong; flaky white skin; shallow eyes, rather numerous, evenly distributed; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; blue-violet; base strongly pubescent, slightly pigmented; tip moderately pubescent, not pigmented, semi-open habit.
High yielding variety; large tubers of attractive appearance; early tuber set. Good resistance to hollow heart and net necrosis; very resistant to brown centre. Some sensibility to the herbicide metribuzin. Long dormancy period; good storability. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: very weak boiling sloughing and very weak discolouration after cooking; good for baking, very good for boiling at harvest and excellent after a few months in storage; very good for french fries.
- Chief Markets: fresh market and French fries processing.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately resistant: common scab.
Susceptible: late blight, rhizoctonia.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: