This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (78 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Northern Ireland Plant Breeding Station from (S62/47/1 x Dr McIntosh) in Loughgall (Northern Ireland, UK). Released in 1982.
- Year registered in Canada: 2003
- Registration number: 5582
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: short, compact, bushy; stems medium thick, numerous, mainly unbranched, weakly pigmented; wings waved, single; nodes not swollen and not pigmented; internodes faintly pigmented in axils.
- Leaves: dark green, glossy, moderately open, small.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; wavy margins; apex acuminate; base slightly cordate.
Primary leaflets: three to four pairs; narrowly ovate; apex acuminate; cordate base, very asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few white flowers on a short peduncle; lemon-yellow anthers; buds strongly pigmented, especially at base; peduncle and pedicel pigmented; few berry production.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth white skin; moderately shallow eyes; white flesh.
- Sprouts: ovoid, pubescent; red-violet.
Moderately high yielding variety with a high number of uniform tubers per plant; medium-long dormancy period; low dry matter.Good storability.
Due to high production of tuber numbers, it is essential to ensure adequate moisture.
- Utilization: firm waxy cooked texture, good flavour, no after cooking discoloration; good for boiling and baking; excellent for packing and washing.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
High resistance: PVY, common scab.
Moderately resistant: powdery scab, leafroll.
Moderately susceptible: late blight, blackleg.
Susceptible: PVX, PVA, potato cyst nematodes.
References: 1, 3
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: