This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (85 kb)
Pictures - PDF (163 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred and selected by Les Buissons Research Center, MAPAQ, Les Buissons (Quebec) from (F68123 x Simcoe), in 1987.
- Year registered in Canada: 1999
- Registration number: 5014
- Maturity: very early
- Plants: medium height, semi erect; stems slightly pigmented; wings medium; nodes moderately swollen.
- Leaves: medium green, half close, slightly pubescent on lower surface, no pigmentation on mid-rib and petiole.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate, acuminate tip, asymmetrical and acute base; faintly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs, elliptical, acuminate tip, truncate and asymmetrical base.
- Flowers: low to medium profusion; buds strongly pigmented; medium size white corolla, green yellow anthers; peduncule very slightly pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oval; white smooth skin; medium deep to shallow eyes; slightly prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; sprout base has weak pubescence and a strong red-violet pigmentation; sprout tip is half-open with medium blue-violet pigmentation and strong pubescence.
Very good early yielding variety; high percentage of large tubers, attractive appearance. Medium high dry matter content. Excellent storability; long dormancy period.
- Utilization: rather firm flesh with few discolouration after cooking. Excellent boiling quality. Very attractive appearance as washed potato.
- Chief Market: early and fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Moderately susceptible: verticillium wilt and rhizoctonia.
Susceptible: late blight and common scab.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: