This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (73 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred from the cross (F72127 x Norgold Russet) by Agriculture and Agri Food Canada Research Center, Lethbridge, Alberta.
- Registration in Canada: deregistered
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: short; spreading; stems not pigmented; wings prominent, straight single; nodes slightly swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green; semi-open; pubescent; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; deep veins; apex acuminate; base truncate and asymmetrical.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; broadly ovate; deep veins; apex acuminate; base truncate and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: moderately numerous; mauve corolla with very prominent star; orange anthers; buds moderately pigmented; peduncles not pigmented; low berry production.
- Tubers: oblong; russetted brown skin; shallow eyes, medium number per tuber, evenly distributed; eyebrows not prominent; white flesh.
- Sprouts: conical; moderately pubescent; base purple; tip green, semi-open habit.
Medium yielding variety; medium number of tubers per plant; good resistance to hollow heart and second growth; medium dormancy period; fair storability; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: firm texture; low boiling sloughing; low after cooking discolouration; good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market (count carton).
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: common scab, verticillium wilt.
Moderately susceptible: early blight
References: 1, 2.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: