This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (87 kb)
Pictures - PDF (126 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, United State, in 1990 (seedling # NY112), from the cross (Atlantic x Q155-3).
- Year registered in Canada: unregistered.
- Registration number: n/a
- Maturity: late
- Plants: tall, semi-erect; stems not pigmented; very prominent wings.
- Leaves: dark green, open leaf silhouette; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate; margins not wavy.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; large, elliptical; tip acuminate; base cordate.
Secondary and tertiary leaflets: few.
- Flowers: numerous; white corolla; yellow orange anthers; flower buds not pigmented; no berry production in the field.
- Tubers: oval, slightly flattened; highly netted buff coloured skin; few shallow eyes, predominantly apical; non prominent eyebrows; white flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; red-violet; base moderately pubescent, moderately pigmented; tip weakly pubescent, not pigmented, semi-open habit.
Very high yielding variety with early tuber set. Relatively large tuber size at maturity. Few external defects; susceptible to bruising, internal heat necrosis and hollow heart. Good storability. Medium dormancy period. Medium to high specific gravity.
For optimum yield and size, it is recommended to use an in-row spacing of 18 to 23 cm (7 to 9 inches). Good chip color after short and mid-term storage, even after reconditionning.
- Utilization: good for chipping and acceptable for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: chipping.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: golden nematode ( Globodera rostochiensis pathotype Ro1).
Good resistance: common scab.
Moderately susceptible: late blight.
Susceptible: potato wart, PVX, PVY.
References: 1, 8.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: