This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Z.P.C. from the cross (Olinda x SVP Y68-4-103) in Metslawier, The Netherlands, in 1965.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4525
- Maturity: late.
- Plants: medium to tall, semi-erect; thick stems, very weakly pigmented; very prominent wings, straight double; nodes slightly swollen, not pigmented.
- Leaves: dark green, open; midribs and petioles slightly pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: ovate; tip acuminate; base obtuse to cordate, symmetrical; slightly wavy margin.
Primary leaflets: six pairs; narrowly ovate, tip acuminate; base obtuse and asymmetrical.
- Flowers: rare to occasional; bud not pigmented; small white corolla with moderately prominent star; bright yellow anther; calix moderately to strongly pigmented.
- Tubers: oval; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; eyebrows not prominent; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical; red-violet; base strongly pigmented, very weakly pubescent; apex closed, weakly to moderately pigmented, very weakly pubescent.
High yielding variety; moderately resistant to bruising, blackspot bruise and secondary growth; good tolerance to drought; good storability; medium dormancy period; medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: very good for baking and boiling.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: leaf roll, PVY, powdery scab, spraing.
Moderately resistant: late blight, fusarium dry rot, phoma rot.
Susceptible: common scab.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: