This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (36 kb)
Pictures - PDF (466 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by H. Van Rijn B.V. from the cross (Ausonia x VE 74-120) in Poeldijk, The Netherlands in 1992.
- Year registered in Canada: 2010
- Registration number: 6742
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: short to medium; semi-upright; stems not or very weakly pigmented; nodes not swollen and not pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, close to semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented; blade not pubescent at apical rosette.
Terminal leaflets: narrowly ovate; tip acute; base obtuse to cordate; medium wavy margins; medium deep veins.
Primary leaflets: medium to large; narrowly ovate; tip acute; base cordate; medium wavy margins; medium deep veins.
Secondary leaflets: moderately to highly numerous.
- Flowers: absent or very few; white corolla with prominent star; flower buds not persistant, strongly pigmented; peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth yellow skin; shallow eyes, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; medium to dark yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; red-violet; base and tip moderately pubescent and moderately pigmented; closed tip habit; few short to medium long lateral shoots.
Medium yielding variety; tubers of attractive appearance; good washing quality; good resistance to splitting and some resistance to bruising. Good storage capability. Medium specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling and baking.
- Chief Market: small size specialty market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis, Ro1), potato wart (raceé1), PVY, black dot, silver scurf.
Moderately resistant: rhizoctonia, powdery scab, common scab, skin spot, blackleg.
Moderately susceptible: dry rot, late blight on foliage.
Susceptible: late blight on tubers; pale cyst nematode (Globodera pallida, Pa2/3, 1).
References: 1, 3.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: