This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (12 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by J. Vegter from (SVP Y 66-13-636 x SVP AM 66-42) in Veendam (Netherlands) in 1971.
- Year registered in Canada: 1997
- Registration number: 4603
- Maturity: mid-season
- Plants: tall, spreading growth; thick stems with no pigmentation; very prominent straight single wing; stem nodes have no swelling and no pigmentation.
- Leaves: dark green, medium to open, weak to medium pubescence on lower surface, no pigmentation on mid-rib.
Terminal leaflets: ovate, broad; acuminate tip; symmetrical and obtuse base; slightly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: six to seven pairs, ovate, broad, acuminate tip, cordate to lobed base with medium asymmetry.
- Flowers: few to medium profusion with medium to high number of florets per inflorescence; buds not persistent and not pigmented; medium sized white corolla, medium prominent star, green yellow anthers; no pigmentation on peduncule.
- Tubers: oval; yellow, smooth skin; medium deep to shallow eyes with non prominent eyebrows; light yellow flesh.
- Sprouts: broad cylindrical shape; sprout base has no pubescence and a medium red-violet pigmentation; apex is closed with medium pubescence and no pigmentation.
Very high yielding variety with good tubers uniformity and excellent virus resistance. Good resistance to internal bruising; rather sensible to drought stress. Medium high dry matter content. Medium dormancy period.
Very good foliage development although a little slow at the beginning; grows well with below average nitrate fertilization.
- Utilization: rather firm to floury flesh with few discolouration after cooking. Good for cooking and frying.
- Chief Markets: fresh market, processing, exportation.
Reaction to Diseases
Immune: potato wart (race 1).
Resistant: PVA, PVX, PVY, potato cyst nematode pathotypes ABCD (Ro1,2,3; Pa2).
Good resistance: tuber late blight, powdery scab, spraing.
Moderately resistant: leaf roll.
Moderately susceptible: common scab, phoma, blackleg, foliar late blight.
References: 1, 3, 7.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: