This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (34 kb)
Pictures - PDF (164 kb)
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Caithness Potato Breeders ltd. from the cross (Kismet x DXMP 70 (Desiree x Maris Piper)) in Scotland in 1981.
- Registration in Canada: deregistered
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Plants: medium size, semi-erect, bushy, compact; thin stems, moderately pigmented; non prominent single wings that are both straight and waved; slightly swollen nodes.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open. Terminal leaflets: large, medium ovate; tip acute; base cordate and slightly asymmetrical; margins moderately wavy. Primary leaflets: large, narrowly ovate, rugose; tip acute; base cordate, moderately asymmetrical; margins moderately wavy. Secondary leaflets: moderate to numerous. Tertiary leaflets: moderate to numerous, some on petiolules of primary leaflets.
- Flowers: none to very few, strongly pigmented red-violet small corolla with white tips; orange anthers; buds drop easily.
- Tubers: round to oval; smooth light yellow to buff coloured skin, occasional traces of pink at eyes; few medium-shallow eyes, predominantly apical; cream colored flesh.
- Sprouts: cylindrical, red-violet, weakly pubescent; base moderately pigmented; tip green, closed habit.
High yielding variety; few large and uniform tubers per plant. Good resistance to internal bruising; low to very low dry matter content; medium dormancy period.
- Utilization: fairly firm texture, none to trace after cooking blackening; good for boiling, fair for baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Highly resistant: potato cyst nematode (G. rostochiensis race 1), PVY.
Moderately resistant: tuber late blight, common scab, gangrene, skin spot damage, fusarium dry rot, black leg, leaf roll.
Susceptible: late blight on foliage, PVA, PVX, potato cyst nematode (G. pallida race 1 and 2).
References: 1, 3, 4.
Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: