This page is part of the Guidance Document Repository (GDR).
Looking for related documents?
Search for related documents in the Guidance Document Repository
PDF (85 kb)
Pictures - PDF (96 kb)
Click on Image for Larger View
- Origin & Breeding: bred by Kenneth G. Proudfoot from the cross (N1614-5 x N69-478) made in 1993, at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada St. John's Research Center, Newfoundland.
- Year registered in Canada: 2008
- Registration number: 6460
- Maturity: medium late
- Plants: medium height, erect; stems very weakly pigmented; straight single wings; nodes not swollen, very weakly pigmented.
- Leaves: medium green, semi-open; midribs and petioles not pigmented.
Terminal leaflets: medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate and strongly asymmetrical; weakly wavy margins.
Primary leaflets: four pairs; medium ovate; tip acuminate; base cordate, strongly asymmetrical.
- Flowers: few inflorescences per plant, numerous flowers; medium size white corolla with prominent star; orange anthers; flower buds and peduncles not pigmented.
- Tubers: round; smooth light yellow skin; few moderately deep eyes, predominantly apical; slightly prominent eyebrows; cream coloured flesh.
- Sprouts: spherical; red-violet; base weakly pubescent, strongly pigmented; tip medium to strongly pubescent, weakly pigmented, semi-open habit.
Moderate to high yields of uniform and attractive round tubers; medium dormancy period; moderately high specific gravity.
- Utilization: good for boiling, acceptable to good for baking.
- Chief Market: fresh market.
Reaction to Diseases
Resistant: potato wart (Synchytrium endobioticum, race 2 and 8), golden nematode (Globodera rostochiensis, Ro1)
Highly resistant: PVY
Moderately resistant: common scab, fusarium dry rot.
Send your comments to email@example.com regarding potato variety descriptions.
- Date modified: